Friday, June 15, 2012

IT'S A GIRL!

LAYLA ELIZABETH MITCHELL is here!

Born May 24th 2012 at 2:14 p.m.
8 lbs 3 oz 20.5 inches long


And she is beautiful if I do say so myself!

I went into labor around 4:30 that morning!  I really didn't think this was "it", so I tried to get Luke to go to work, however, he decided we would go to the hospital instead!  We got there about 8:20 a.m.  After we got confirmation that we would have a baby that day, we gave our parents a call!  At 11:45 my midwife said it was go time, so i thought that meant we would meet our baby fairly soon!  Wrong! After 2 and a half hours of the most physically exhausting work I've ever done, our sweet baby arrived!

We are so excited and so happy our baby is here!  We (especially Luke) were very surprised when it was a baby girl!  Sooo many people said they thought I was having a boy, that we almost started to believe it!

A family of three!  This picture was taken a couple hours after she was born.  Our parents came back into the room about 4:30.  We were ready to show her off!
Proud men in her life!  
She looks just like her Daddy!
The next morning!  Instant love for sure!

Mama B is in love too!


I looked over there the 2nd night in the hospital and they were even laid back the same way watching tv!



Going Home!

And if you want to see a gazillion pictures, It may take a day or two to go through them all!

Thank you all so much for your thoughts, prayers and love over the last ten months! We can't wait to introduce you to sweet Baby Layla!


No comments:

Post a Comment